Fat Cat & His Feathered Friend Bottle of Hope



This month the Makin's Clay® Design Team was challenged to create their interpretation of a Bottle of Hope using Makin's Clay®.   My bottle has a bit of a story behind it...... about 15 years ago when I began my journey into the world of mixed-media art as a career, my original logo was a hand drawn fat cat modeled after my beloved cat Tigger, and my business name was Fat Cat Creations.   When I started this journey, I was full of hope of a bright future doing what I loved and sharing my love of creativity with others.  So, when the time came for me to create my first Bottle of Hope, I thought that the fat cat would be a perfect theme.   I am lucky to be still pursuing this creative dream, and my business has now morphed into Cindi McGee - Behind These Eyes™- but I will always remember my little fat cat and how much hope he gave me when I started off!   While the recipient of this Bottle of Hope might not know my story, I hope he brightens their day and brings them a smile.  

Bottles of Hope are small glass bottles covered with polymer clay and given to cancer patients. They symbolize a wish and a hope for health.  This project was started in 1999 by a Rhode Island cancer survivor and has spread internationally. Bottles are made by artists, students, survivors, seniors and many more who volunteer their time and love.   Learn more about this worthwhile project, see a gallery of many creative bottles and more here on their website.

My fat cat was hand molded on a 2" glass bottle using Persimmon Makin's Clay®.   The bird in the nest is actually a removable stopper and is also made with Makin's Clay®.  I extruded Light Adobe and Brown clay blended together in the Makin's® Ultimate Clay Extruder™ with Disc #8 to create the nest, and then made the little bluebird out of Blue clay.  I used DecoArt® Americana Acrylic paints to add the details to the cat and bird.

 






Comments

Popular Posts