Welcome to my NEW BLOG!

Cindi Bisson - Fat Cat Creations is now Cindi McGee - Behind These Eyes™. Since I've been on this creative journey for over 17 years - I have a LOT of project links out there in cyberworld! If you are looking for a particular project you have found on Pinterest, Facebook, FaveCrafts, HomeTalk, Twitter, etc. and the link is not working for you, please feel free to email me at cdjb11@yahoo.com and I'll be sure to get you the new link to the instructions. Have a creative day and remember to DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!

Monday, April 17, 2017

By the Sea Artist Trading Cards

Artiscape is coming up quickly and part of the fun is swapping ATC's with other attendees!  I've been busy creating my swap cards and as usual, I couldn't settle for "flat" - I had to bring on the lumpy & bumpy!   It's not too late to join us in Dublin, Ohio, April 27-30th and have some creative fun!


Graphic 45® By the Sea Collection of patterned papers
Beacon 3-in-1 Adhesive™
Makin's Clay® - Peach, Persimmon, Light Adobe
Makin's® Sea Shells push mold, Sand Texture Sheet - Set A
Makin's® Professional® - Ultimate Clay Machine™
CreateAlong.com Octopus Silicone Mold
Blue grass fiber paper
Little B™ Dimensional Stickers - Mini - Anchors & Tropical Fish
DecoArt® Metallic Lustre™ - Copper Kettle
Sizzix® Big Shot™ Machine
Sizzix® Bigz Die - Sand & Sea
Sea glass
Scissors, paper trimmer
Slate blue ink pad

All of the ATC elements were cut from assorted papers from the By the Sea collection.  I inked the edges of each paper piece with a slate blue ink pad.  Then came the fun - creating the "lumpy" & "bumpy" textural elements.

Persimmon & Light Adobe Makin's Clay® were rolled to setting #3 on the and Ultimate Clay Machine™ and textured with the Sand texture sheet.  Once dry, die cut the seahorses.

The starfish were made with the push mold and Persimmon & Light Adobe clay and allowed to dry for 24 hours.   The octopus "ovals" were made with Peach clay and the silicone mold from CreateAlong.com

All of the elements were mounted with 3-in-1 Adhesive. 

Then I decided they needed a bit of shine - so I used Copper Kettle Metallic Lustre™ on all of the clay pieces to make the details stand out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment