Today on the Smoothfoam™ blog they are sharing this Valentine's Day Oversized Tag Door Decor project.
It’s time to decorate our front door again for Valentine’s Day! This year’s project was inspired by the great dimensional letters made by Smoothfoam™ and this oversized wooden tag from The Unfinished Wood Co. Together they make for a fun and unique way to decorate our front door and share the love!
Smoothfoam™ Letters - 2 X, 2 O
Unfinished Wood Co. large wooden tag
DecoArt® - Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint - Romance, Innocence
- Americana® Acrylics - White Wash
Clearsnap® Colorbox® Crafter’s Ink - Fire
Momenta® - ART-C™ Groove Tool
- ART-C™ Adhesive Alphabet Stencils
Beacon™ Adhesives - 3-in-1 Adhesive
JudiKins™Floral Wave stamp
Paint brushes, pencil, scissors
Valentine patterned fabric
1. Paint oversized wooden tag with "Romance" red Chalky Finish paint. Let dry.
2. Use ART-C self-adhesive stencils to spell out “love rules” and “without rules”. If you prefer, use White Wash acrylic paint to stencil on your lettering - I am stencil challenged, so I prefer to use them as a template with a pencil, and then hand paint).
3. Smoothfoam letters have small raised areas on them from the molding process, and sometimes the back edges of the lettering are a bit rigid. I like to smooth all those areas before I paint. An easy way to do this is with the ART-C Groove Tool and the sanding disc. You can see the difference in these two “O” letters.
4. Paint letters with "Innocence" pink Chalky Finish paint. Let dry.
5. Ink stamp with "Fire" red Crafter’s ink, stamp surface of painted letters and let dry.
6. Cut strip of fabric, tie through hole in tag. Dovetail cut ends of fabric strip.
7. Use 3-in-1 adhesive to mount letters to tag.