Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop Week #7 - Eileen Hull's Treat Bag Toppers

I, like all the other designers participating in this amazing Sizzix Triple-Play Blog Hop, can’t believe it’s over! Our last challenge was to create something using Eileen Hull's Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - 656774 - Treat Bag Toppers - http://www.sizzix.com/product/2484 

I know these are supposed to be treat bag toppers, but my mind, (gee, what a surprise) went a bit out of the box on a couple of them! The first project is a card for a friend – I saw this piece and my muse instantly thought – PURSE! Gift card holder! Oh boy! Steampunk Debutante papers from Graphic 45, combined with some tan snake-skinned textured paper used to cover the “purse” inside and out (and beneath the verse on the front), and a few buttons – were all it took to transform this into a silly card to surprise a friend. I mounted the back portion of the die (without the handle) to the back top inside of the card, which allowed the front (with the handle) to flip up to reveal a pocket for the gift card.


Next, I created an “almost” treat bag……The scalloped edge and overall shape of this reminded me of a rooftop – which lead to this folded cardstock gingerbread house, embellished with colorful candy-toned papers from Junkitz.  This fun card is a easy way to create a unique holiday greeting using just the treat bag topper, cardstock, patterned papers and just a few minutes of your time.  It flips open in an upside down matchbook style to reveal a hand made gingerbread dough ornament (but you could also include a real gingerbread man inside a baggy instead!).


Lastly – my muse was thinking of animals again…. At least this time it wasn’t FEET – it was the whole animal…… when I saw this little oval with the “scalloped” edges, the absolute first thing that came to mind was MOUSE! It looks like a MOUSE! I cut off the left pointed/scalloped edges to created a rounded mouse butt (yes, I said mouse butt). I covered the mattboard die with gray glitter cardstock from DCWV, and popped up the ears a bit using Elmer’s foam tape. A glitter cardstock nose, thread whiskers, giggly eyes, a red yarn tail, and a Santa hat made from fabric scraps finished him off. He matches this adorable paper from Nikki Sivils Scrapbooker North Pole Nights collection just perfectly! I used a Sakura gel pen to write “Merry Christ-Mouse” on the front and layered the patterned papers with green glitter cardstock. Absolutely silly, I know – but I couldn’t resist!   (Especially when I photographed the card next to this little Christ-Mouse ornament I made when I was about 10 years old!)


There were more great pieces included in this set of dies – but I’ve horded those away to save for future projects……. If you need even more creative inspiration visit the other 60 designers participating in this blog by following the Sizzix Triple Play Blog Hop link in the upper right of my home page. Thanks for stopping by each week to view my versions of these dies – and THANKS to the amazing designers of the dies themselves – Eileen Hull, Karen Burniston, Brenda Pinnick, and of course, SIZZIX, for offering such an amazing opportunity to experiment with these dies and share our projects with the creative world!

Comments

  1. Cindi- you continue to blow me away with your always out of the box ideas on ways to use the dies :-) Love them all- the mouse, roof and purse! Thanks for hopping with us- it has been great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, I'm so impressed with what you did with Eileen's die! Thinking outside of the box...wow! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi, I love all your ides and I love that they are out of the box. everything is beautiful, the purse with the snake skinned paper, the roof and the cute little mouse! I enjoyed all your projects on this hop! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're amazing. Simply, creatively, enviously amazing! So clever I don't even know where to start. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cindi, great ideas and love your idea of the mouse! Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindi I love your projects....so very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the way you packaged the gingerbread ornament. Very creative projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is amazing as to how many wonderful things you created with this one die. You have given me some great ideas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun, clever ideas ... I like "outside the box" ideas, Cindi.
    Have a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts