Home Sweet Home Etched Glass Plate


Some young family friends just purchased their first home. I wanted to make them something as a housewarming gift. Etchall® to the rescue! This inexpensive plate was customized with “Home Sweet Home”and their names, along with a stack of barnyard critters in the center. A little bird told me she loved “farmhouse” style decorating so I am hoping she will like this too!  I plan to make some homemade cookies and present it to them the next time I see them. 

Materials:

etchall® Creme
etchall® Stencil Combo Pack
etchall® Pick Tool
Glass plate 
Electronic die cutting machine/manual die cutting machine/stencils 

Instructions:

I began by selecting a font and typing the text I wanted to include on the plate.  I used Picmonkey (online photo editing option) to create curved text then created a .jpg from each set of words. I removed all the background from around the words (also in Picmonkey) and I was ready to cut!  I did the same with the farm animals image (removed the background and saved as a .jpg).

After measuring the plate to determine size requirements, I used my electronic die cutting machine to cut the stencils from etchmask. You could use a manual die cutting machine, stencils, or freehand draw your lettering and image if desired. 

I used the pick tool to remove the centers of the cut images as I wanted to create stencils for etching. 

I placed a sheet of transfer paper (included in the Stencil Combo Pack) over the stencils.  The transfer paper will ensure that all those little bits and pieces stay right where they are supposed to be when transferring  the stencil to the glass.

Next, I placed the stencils onto the plate.  I use scrap pieces of etchmask to mask around the stencils just to ensure I don’t get any etchall® creme where I don’t want it. 

A thick coat of etchall® creme was applied and allowed to set for 15 minutes. The creme was then returned to the bottle for later use.  Etchall® is re-usable! 

Lastly, I washed the plate and removed the etchmask. With etchall® it’s easy to get a perfect etched result every time! 


 

 


Now I just need to get baking and it will be ready to deliver! 

Comments

Popular Posts