Santa's Milk & Reindeer Treats



I recently shared a Cookies for Santa plate I made for our granddaughter Ava Rae who is supposed to make her appearance on 11/23.   This month I'm completing the set with a mason jar mug for drinks for Santa - hot cocoa or milk or even water - it will be Ava's choice; and a little bowl for treats for the reindeer too (they are always quite appreciative of a small carrot or two, or even some sparkling reindeer oats...)

Once I determined the size of the elements I wished to etch, I used an electronic die cutter to cut the stencils from Etchmask™.                                   

I used the pick tool to remove the extra etchmask from around the images, then used the transfer paper include in the Stencil Combo Pack to transfer to the images to the mason jar mug and the small bowl.  Using the transfer paper ensures that the tiny details (like the middles of letters, etc.) stay in place during the transfer and positioning of the stencils. 
 

Next, I applied etchall® Creme to the first two images (one on each piece) and let it set for 15
 minutes.  The creme was returned to the bottle - etchall® is re-usable!  I then applied the creme to the remaining stencils on each piece and let it set for 15 minutes.  After returning the creme to the bottle, I washed each piece and removed the etchmask.




Colorful details were added with DecoArt® Glass Paint Markers™, then the pieces were baked according to the manufacturer instructions to set the paint.



I hope this special set for Santa's snacks brings Ava Rae a lot of joy for years to come! 




Comments

  1. OH Cindi..... Merry Christmas lovely lady!!.....these are too adorable for words.....KUDOS!!!! Ava Rae is a very lucky and blessed little girl. Barbee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your comment Barbee - Thank you as always for your support and kind words! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts