Keep Your Face to the Sun Bangle Bracelet


I love springtime when the warm sunshine overpowers the cool and crisp winter days. When I found this quote by Helen Keller I wanted to incorporate it into a jewelry piece. When going through my stash of creative supplies I found the sunny yellow mosaic tiles and it all came together in this mixed media bracelet.
Supplies: 
  • 3/4” DIY Bangles wooden bangle
  • 3/4” x 3/4” yellow mosaic tiles
  • JudiKins Diamond Glaze
  • Craft Attitude Jewelry Attitude
  • Inkjet printer, word processing program
  • Elmer’s Craft Bond Glue Stick
  • Westcott Titanium Bonded Scissors
  • Plaid Apple Barrel paint – Cloudless, paint brush
  • E-6000 Adhesive
Instructions: 
1. Paint bangle with blue paint and let dry.  I wanted some of the wood to show through, so I only applied one coat of the paint.
2. Type quote in desired font. Paste sun images to document with quote and resize to approximately 3/4”.  To find assorted sun images, I searched the internet for black & white sun images
3. Follow manufacturer instructions to print verse and sun images onto Jewelry Attitude.
4. Use glue stick to apply sun images to yellow tiles.  Mount tiles, evenly spaced around bracelet, using E-6000.

5. Cut verse into pieces to fit between tiles. Use glue stick to apply to painted wood between tiles.

6. Coat entire bracelet with JudiKins Diamond Glaze.

Comments

Popular Posts