Smoothfoam™ 1” Balls
Plaid® Mod Podge® - Glossy
Tulip® Fashion Glitter™ Assortment - Neons
Scissors, small plates, wax paper
Optional: alphabet stickers, birthday candles
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of desired colors of glitter into separate plates (*Note - amount of glitter needed will depend on desired number of finished balls.)
- Use fingers (or a small foam brush) to apply a layer of Mod Podge® over entire 1” Smoothfoam™ ball.
- Roll in glitter, set on wax paper to dry.
Repeat until number of desired balls is achieved. Let dry.
- When dry, apply another coat of Mod Podge® over glittered balls, and roll again. Let dry.
- Repeat a 3rd time. Let dry.
- When dry, apply a final coat of glossy Mod Podge® to seal the glitter and prevent it from dropping into the food, and to make it easy to clean the balls with a damp cloth after use. Let dry.
- To make holes to insert candles, carefully place tip of scissors through top of ball and rotate slightly. Once hole has been “started” with scissors, insert a bamboo skewer, end of a clean ink pen, or other item that is approximately the same diameter as the candles you will be using. Push in approximately 1/4” and remove.
- Insert candles, add alphabet stickers to customize a message if desired.
- When ready to serve the cake, remove the glittered balls, wipe with a damp cloth and they are ready to use on your next project.
To enter to win a prize package, leave a comment on favorite projects on the designer's blog and say what you would make with Smoothfoam. The more often you comment, the more chances you have to win. All the projects will be posted on Pinterest so readers can comment there too. The winner will be announced on November 19th.