This week in my Cindi's Simple Solutions article for When Creativity Knocks I created this faux succulent wreath with a Smoothfoam™ base - find the instructions here.
Welcome to my NEW BLOG!
Welcome to my NEW blog! For many years my projects could be found at my previous blog - www.fatcatcreations.blogspot.com. Since my business has evolved and is now known as Cindi McGee - Behind These Eyes™ instead of Cindi Bisson - Fat Cat Creations - I thought this was the perfect time to launch a new blog. Since I've been on this creative journey for almost 16 years - I have a LOT of project links out there in cyberworld! If you are looking for a particular project you have found on Pinterest, Facebook, FaveCrafts, HomeTalk, Twitter, etc. and the link is not working for you, please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be sure to get you the new link to the instructions. Have a creative day and remember to DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Tuesday, May 27, 2014
We built a fence around our air handler unit with reclaimed wood, made an old barbed wire wreath, continue collecting eclectic things for our flea-market garden, aged new galvanized tin buckets to make planters that look like vintage tin, and I love these vintage tin fertilizer hopper and fruit/corn baskets I used as planters.
The whisky barrel side table is another Pinterest idea.
AND, we built a chicken coop and I painted this custom sign for it!
Four chickens so far…… and more coming soon!
Saturday, May 24, 2014
I love this summer bracelet I designed for Connie Crystal featuring the Jewel Loom - Find the full instructions here on the Connie Crystal blog.
Friday, May 23, 2014
Thursday, May 22, 2014
Find full instructions on how to create this sunflower topped mason jar with Makin's Clay® on their blog here - http://www.makinsclayblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/sunflower-topped-mason-jar.html
Tuesday, May 20, 2014
Monday, May 19, 2014
In this week's When Creativity Knocks All-Star Designers 2014 Spring Series we share ideas for a Bluebird of Happiness baby shower. I created a decorative BABY banner with a variety of products from our series sponsors.
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- Square glass vase (Dollar Tree)
- etchall® Etching Cream
- DecoArt® Glass Paint Markers™ - Brown, Fuchsia
- DecoArt® Americana® Frost Gloss Enamels® - Pink
- Foam brush, small flat paintbrush
- Use foam brush to apply thick coat of etchall® cream over all sides of vase and let set 15 minutes. Remove etchall® cream and return to bottle for re-use. Rinse vase and let dry.
- Use brown Glass Paint Marker® to draw branch on vase, beginning at bottom right of front and extending upward and around sides.
- Use small flat paintbrush to make cherry blossoms on each branch tip by painting 5 round petals with pink Frosted Gloss Enamel® paint. Let dry.
- Add 5-6 fushcia dots to center of each painted flower using Glass Paint Marker®.
Per manufacturer instructions, let cure 4 days then bake in 275 degree oven for 30 minutes and let cool in oven.